St Mary Redcliffe is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture, which has stood on this site for some 800 years. Within its hallowed walls, there is a superb collection of carved bosses, elegant 18th century ironwork, beautiful stained glass and a world famous organ.
The church is sited on the red cliffs, above the floating harbour, and was originally at the very centre of shipping and industry, which is the key to its history. The merchants of the Port of Bristol began and ended their voyages at the shrine of Our Lady of Redcliffe.
 Brooke Deedes (1847 – 1922) was an Anglican priest in the last three decades of the 19th century and the first three of the 20th. The incumbent in Hampstead from 1900 to 1912.